Sunday, September 25, 2022

Amber Torch by D. Burgard


 
Why are people in Josephine’s town dying? Jo doesn’t know, but she’s worried she’s next. Especially with the strange things happening within her, keeping her up at night…changing her.

Jo feels out of control, but when death hits close to home, she finds herself being comforted by Mark, the last person she’d expect to be there for her and the only person she’s ever wanted.

As they search for answers, Sandy, a new student at her high school, and his sister Gio thrust themselves into her life. Left scrambling to cope with the growing darkness within her she soon learns the impossible truth. She’s somehow connected to the murders, to a secret organization gunning for her, and to something lying deep within a cave in the surrounding mountains.


While fighting unexpected feelings for Sandy and before anyone else gets hurt, it’s up to Jo to uncover the answers and the source of a transformation that is making her powerful, strong, and dangerous.




Growing up Daphne Burgard was a big reader who loved real characters with complex issues. Drawn to dark, edgy authors, Daphne consumed sci-fi and fantasy books at a furious pace for years before deciding to write The Amber Torch.

The most gratifying part of writing for Daphne is the continual sense of surprise she feels in the process of creating her characters.

The best of piece of writing advice she ever received was not to wimp out—if a line or passage makes you feel uncomfortable, you’ve probably gotten it right.









Review
I want to thank Emstar tours and D. Burgard for letting me read and review this.


The only reason why this only got four stars is that really couldn't stand the main character. I do that I think am I a little too old for the demographic for the book. Jo had too much of the 'I'm not like other girls' trope. Other than that I really did like the story and the plot kept me waiting to keep going. I will probably keep going with the series.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Court of the Undying Seasons

  I made a playlist for this book and had so much fun making it as I read it. I will be sharing it at the end of my blog. I will also post a...