Monday, September 26, 2022

Lovely Bad Things by Trisha Wolfe


He's the devil. And she's his wicked game.

Halen:
They say eyes are the windows to the soul—but when he looks at me through hues of slate-green and flaring blue embers, I’m terrified of what’s watching me from behind his clashing gaze, something primal and feverish that threatens to melt me like fire in ice.

I fear falling into Kallum Locke’s pitch-black soul.

But after I’m called to a crime scene to investigate the most gruesome act of violence to descend on the legendary town of Hollow’s Row, I have no choice but to turn to Kallum, to the man I had locked away in an asylum for the criminally insane.

He’s the leading expert on all things Nietzsche and occult. And now, to get answers, I’m forced to make a deal with the devil himself.

Kallum:
Really, eyes are the windows to the soul? Then I wonder what little Halen St. James thinks of all the cryptic eyes watching her in the killing fields… I wonder if the hairs on her delicate nape lifted away if a thrilling shiver raced over her soft skin. She’s desperate for the answer, and she’ll do anything to uncover it—even make a deal with me, dangling freedom like bait on a hook.

But she’s far more tempting to sink my teeth into than any lure.

And the pain will taste twice as sweet. 



Title: Lovely Bad Things 


Author:  Trisha Wolfe


Pub. Date: May 31st, 2022 


Publisher:  Lock Key Press


Formats:  Ebook and Audio







Review

I loved the Silence of the Lamb meets criminal minds vibe I was getting from this book. I was sucked in from page one and I couldn't put it down, but I did need to sleep.  It had me guessing and I really didn't see any of the twists coming. And man that ending had me wanting the next book ASAP, it ended on a cliffhanger-ish so be warned. I would definitely check CW/TW, to name a few graphic murder, animal death, Miscarriage, and nonconsent consent. Now I am off to wait for the next book to come out.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Court of the Undying Seasons

  I made a playlist for this book and had so much fun making it as I read it. I will be sharing it at the end of my blog. I will also post a...