Saturday, September 3, 2022

Girl, Forgotten by Karin Slaughter

 

Book: Girl, Forgotten 

Author:  Karin Slaughter 

Synopsis: A small town hides a big secret…

Who killed Emily Vaughn?

Prom Night. Longbill Beach, 1982. Emily Vaughn dresses carefully for what's supposed to be the highlight of any high school career. But Emily has a secret. And by the end of the night, because of that secret, she will be dead.

Nearly forty years later, Andrea Oliver, newly qualified as a US Marshal, receives her first assignment: to go to Longbill Beach to protect a judge receiving death threats. But Andrea's real focus isn't the judge – it's Emily Vaughn. Ever since she first heard Emily's name a year ago, she's been haunted by her brutal death. Nobody was ever convicted – her friends closed ranks, her family shut themselves off in their grief, the town moved on – so the killer is still out there. But now Andrea has a chance to find out what really happened…

Karin Slaughter is one of the world’s most popular and acclaimed storytellers. Published in 120 countries with more than 40 million copies sold across the globe, her 22 novels include the Grant County and Will Trent books, as well as the Edgar-nominated COP TOWN and the instant NYT bestselling stand-alone novels PRETTY GIRLS, THE GOOD DAUGHTER, PIECES OF HER, and FALSE WITNESS. Slaughter is the founder of the Save the Libraries project—a nonprofit organization established to support libraries and library programming. A native of Georgia, she lives in Atlanta. Her stand-alone novel PIECES OF HER is now streaming on Netflix, starring Toni Collette, and the Will Trent series is in development for television.

Facebook: Facebook.com/AuthorKarinSlaughter
Websitehttp://www.karinslaughter.com/
Instagramhttps://www.instagram.com/karinslaugh...


My Review

This is the sequel to Pieces of Her by Karin Slaughter and I recommend reading that first before you read Girl, Forgotten, though you don’t have to. 


In this book Andrea (Andy) Oliver becomes a US Marshal and her first assignment is to protect a judge receiving death threats but she is really there to help solve a cold case from 1982 of a murdered pregnant teen. I really like Andy as a character and the growth she went through in both books. I also think everyone needs a partner like Andy’s, his name is Catfish and I loved him. I love all the side characters in the book even the bad guys, they made the story. The funny thing is kept picturing my friend as one of the bad guys even though he is nothing like the bad guy. I loved the two timelines but my favorite timeline was the past, though it was tough. It really reminded me of something my mom would have gone through in the early 80s. The story did have me on the edge of my seat and I really didn’t see the twist coming, it had me guessing. I really want more of Andy and her US Marshal career. 


I want to thank tandem global for letting me be part of this readalong and the publisher for gifting me the book.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Court of the Undying Seasons

  I made a playlist for this book and had so much fun making it as I read it. I will be sharing it at the end of my blog. I will also post a...