Friday, September 2, 2022

The Bite by Z.W. Taylor

 
The Bite by Z.W. Taylor
304 pages
New Adult, Paranormal, Werewolves

When Charlotte escapes her abusive relationship, she flees in the middle of the night with nothing but the cash in her pocket, and the paper map leading her north to Alaska. She sheds her old self along the way―dying her hair, scrubbing off her fake California tan, pawning all the jewelry her ex, Nate, bought her over the years. None of it was worth anything if she couldn’t stay alive.

Alone in the Alaskan forest, Charlotte feels safe at last. Even if she’s lost. Even if she’s only got a burner phone that lost its last bar miles ago, and even if she missed her turn and can’t find the cabin she was promised by a friend. Tucked into a sleeping bag in the backseat of “Ted”―her ancient 4-Runner―she’s finally living life on her own terms.

But that feeling is short-lived. In the middle of the woods, Charlotte’s attacked, brutally, and unforgivingly―and a lone wolf bites her leg. And it’s a bite that will change her life forever. 



My Review

I have to say this is the first book that I really felt myself in the FL  Charlotte, I mean I really saw myself in her. How she still felt about her abusive ex, is precisely how I felt and sometimes still do that is the big reason I gave the book 5 stars. I fell in love with every single one of the characters in the book (not including the ex), everyone needs a vampire best friend like Derek. The writing was very easy to follow and understand. I also loved how she described the change, cause it would be very painful, with bones being broken and reshaped. I really can’t wait to read more from Z.W. Taylor, they have become my top favorite. 

I want to thank Edelweiss for letting me read and give my honest review



No comments:

Post a Comment

Court of the Undying Seasons

  I made a playlist for this book and had so much fun making it as I read it. I will be sharing it at the end of my blog. I will also post a...